When a hurricane hits land, it always leaves devastation in its wake. The strong winds can cause significant damage to buildings, infrastructure, and cars, while heavy rainfall can result in flooding. This all has a massive impact on communities and the local environment.
Some of the damage caused by hurricanes includes:
- Roof Damage – The strong winds can cause structural damage to roof tiles and wood beams. There is also an increased risk of trees falling onto houses.
- Flooding – Floodwaters can enter commercial and residential properties causing significant damage to interiors, furniture, and electrical equipment.
- Car Damage – The powerful winds and floodwaters can carry cars far away from their parking lot. Water damage can occur to the engine and interiors.
- Environmental Damage – Trees uprooted, agricultural products ruined.
With all the havoc that hurricanes can cause within urban areas, emergency services must respond quickly. In the event of a hurricane, an experienced, reliable emergency service provider is necessary to restore the environment and provide safe solutions. RMI Emergency Services provides natural disaster cleanup services to help minimize the damage of hurricanes.
Emergency Hurricane Response Services
It is a common misconception that hurricanes only affect coastal regions of the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean Sea. In fact, hurricanes can cause damages hundreds of miles inland. Typically the hurricane season runs from June to November, with the severity of the storms dependent on various environmental factors.
Last year alone, RMI Emergency Services provided emergency hurricane response services in Alabama, Florida, Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana. After Hurricane Delta, our team performed over 500 jobs, including removing over 100,000 cubic yards of debris and providing over 3,100 turns, swaps and dumps of roll off dumpsters to help with the cleanup.
Our team is on hand to provide 24/7 emergency hurricane response services from water extraction to restoration when disaster strikes. Our range of services includes emergency potable drinking water, portable toilets, roll-off container rentals, and various equipment transportation services. We only use the best equipment and pride ourselves on lightning-quick response times.
Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
If you live on the coast in the hurricane zone, you must prepare ahead of the hurricane season. The authorities will keep you informed about hurricane activity in your area, so always keep an eye out for announcements.
While it is hard to predict the force of hurricanes, there are several things you can do to prepare the house or your business.
- Stock Up on Emergency Supplies – Food and water, medicines, clothing.
- Health and Safety – First aid kit, fire extinguisher, flashlight (with batteries), radio, face masks, ponchos.
- Tools and Safety Equipment– To help you turn off power sources and completing any other essential tasks.
- House Protection– Sandbags, plastic sheeting, and duct tape.
Finally, it is a good idea to have a safe place for important documents and keep some cash on you for emergency purchases.
Why Choose RMI Emergency Services?
Here at RMI Emergency Services, we understand the importance of speed. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to provide you with the highest-quality solutions and customer service. We offer a wide range of services to help minimize any property damage and ensure the safety of your people.
Our team of professionals can provide quick and effective emergency hurricane response services, such as water cleanup, vacuum trucks, potable water, and portable toilets. Our team can assist you with our full range of natural disaster cleanup services, including water extraction, trash removal, and roll-off container rentals when the hurricane has passed through.
Contact us today to see how we can support you in the case of a hurricane, whether it be for emergency response or cleanup services.